Eight-year veteran with the Peel Regional Police charged with several criminal offences
A Peel Regional Police (PRP) officer has been charged with several criminal offences.
Constable Michael Konwerski, an eight-year veteran with the PRP, has been charged with three counts of Unauthorized Possession of a Prohibited Device, three counts of Careless Storage of a Prohibited Device and one count of Careless Storage of Ammunition.
The charges come after a 14-month investigation into Konwerski by PRP in conjunction with the Peel Regional Police Professional Standards Bureau (PRPPSB).
The investigation began in September of 2019, when the PRPPSB received an internal complaint alleging that after his shift, Konwerski left three prohibited firearm magazines loaded with ammunition in the trunk of the police cruiser that he was operating.
Konwerski is scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Brampton on January 4, 2021.
- Peel Regional Police officer facing number of criminal charges
- Mississauga Man Charged After Police Seize Loaded Handguns
- Two Brampton men facing charges after police seize drugs and firearm
- Mississauga and Brampton residents charged with firearm-related offences
- Three from Brampton charged in drug trafficking operation
- Lane closures in downtown Hamilton after watermain break
- Police search for woman following a Mississauga park assault
- 1 in 3 Canadians considering 'workarounds' as Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton house prices keep rising
- Mississauga grandfather plans to share big lotto win with his children
- Brampton resident celebrated his big lotto win with champagne