Eight health care facilities in Mississauga reporting COVID-19 outbreaks
The Region of Peel is reporting COVID-19 outbreaks in 14 long-term care homes and medical facilities in Mississauga, Brampton and Caledon, with eight outbreaks being reported in Mississauga facilities.
According to the region's website, COVID-19 outbreaks have been reported in Sheridan Villa (2460 Truscott Dr.), Trillium Health Partners—Mississauga Hospital (100 Queensway West), Camilla Care Community (2250 Hurontario St.), Silverthorn Care Community (4350 Mississauga Rd.), Village of Erin Meadows (2930 Erin Centre Blvd.), Erin Mills Lodge Nursing Home (2132 Dundas St. W.), Villa Forum (175 Forum Dr.), Trillium Health Partners—Credit Valley Hospital—acute care (2200 Eglinton Ave. W.).
The report was last updated on April 13 at 5:00 p.m.
The website says that as of April 2020, one staff or resident case of laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 is considered an outbreak.
On March 31, Trillium Health Partners (THP) declared an outbreak of COVID-19 in an inpatient unit at Credit Valley Hospital after four patients tested positive for the novel coronavirus.
On April 9, THP announced that a number of health care workers at its Mississauga Hospital tested positive for COVID-19 between March 26, 2020, and April 5, 2020.
The Region of Peel says that Peel Public Health (PPH) is required to investigate all reports of suspected and confirmed outbreaks.
On its website, the region says PPH assists affected institutions in implementing appropriate infection control measures to diminish the severity and length of any outbreak that they experience.
"PPH also works with collaboratively with institutions to proactively prevent and control outbreaks and implement infection prevention and control best practices," the website says.
- LATEST: Peel Public Health reporting five COVID-19 outbreaks at long-term care homes in Mississauga
- Peel confirms COVID-19 outbreaks at two long-term care homes in Mississauga
- COVID-19 outbreak declared at long-term care home in Mississauga
- Two new COVID-19 outbreaks declared at hospital in Mississauga
- LATEST OUTBREAKS: List of long-term care homes with COVID-19 outbreaks in Mississauga - May 28, 2020
- Peel Police say Mississauga residents are calling 911 to find out if it is okay to go out
- Enforcement of Ontario’s new stay-at-home orders: an explanation
- Ontario announces blitz of big-box stores in Mississauga following declaration of stay at home order
- Starbucks says closure of up to 300 stores in Canada to be completed by end of March
- Mississauga long-term care home included in province-wide class action