Eight Brampton areas still have Ontario's highest COVID-19 percent positivity
Eight areas in Brampton are among those with the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates (percentage of positive COVID-19 tests in the area) in Ontario, according to recent data from Toronto-based research group ICES.
ICES listed postal code areas in Ontario with the highest percent positivity rates for the week of March 14 to 20.
Of the top 50 listed, eight are in Brampton (compared to six during the previous week):
L6P at 13.19% (area of The Gore and Castlemore)
6th highest percent positivity area in Ontario (1st highest during previous week)
L6X at 12.95% (area of Williams Pkwy and James Potter Rd)
8th highest percent positivity area in Ontario (49th during previous week)
L6R at 12.38% (area of Sandalwood Pkwy E and Torbram)
10th highest percent positivity area in Ontario (31st highest during previous week)
L6W at 11.93% (area of Steeles Ave E and Kennedy Rd S)
12th highest percent positivity area in Ontario (29th during previous week)
L6T at 11.17% (area of Highway 407 and Airport Rd)
18th highest percent positivity area in Ontario (6th during previous week)
L6Y at 10.89% (area of Chinguacousy and Steeles Ave W)
19th highest percent positivity area in Ontario (not listed during previous week)
L6Z at 9.14% (area of Kennedy and Sandalwood Pkwy E)
37th highest percent positivity area in Ontario (not listed during previous week)
L7A at 9.14% (area of Sandalwood Pkwy W and Chinguacousy)
38th highest percent positivity area in Ontario (not listed during previous week)
"For all Ontario residents, the overall percent positivity among those tested for COVID-19 during the week of March 14 was 4.0% (versus 3.1% the previous week)," ICES reported. "The percent positivity was lower among persons living in long-term care homes (0.3%), compared to those not living in long-term care (4.1%)."
Meanwhile, Mississauga had four neighbourhoods listed in the top 50.
The same data indicates that out of all of Ontario’s 34 public health units, Peel had the worst COVID-19 percent positivity for the week.
The full data is available to read here.
- This area in Mississauga has almost 20% COVID-19 positivity, 4th highest in Ontario
- Two Mississauga neighbourhoods among those with highest COVID-19 percent positivity
- One Brampton neighbourhood has the highest COVID-19 percent positivity in Ontario
- Seven areas with the highest COVID-19 percent positivity are in Brampton
- Six areas in Mississauga have some of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity in Ontario
- Carjacking at knifepoint in Brampton, suspects sought by Peel police
- Man shot in central Hamilton, street closed
- "Don't paint the hydrants" Mississauga fire department tells the public
- Suspect sought after carjacking in Mississauga
- Brampton truck driver sentenced to prison after 2019 collision that killed three