Eco-friendly Burlington organization looking for more youth members
Published February 9, 2023 at 1:00 pm
The Burlington Green organization is hoping to get local youth involved in helping make the local community a nicer place.
They’re looking for people between the ages of 14 and 24 who are passionate about the environment and want to learn how to make a difference.
“Together with the community we work to protect nature, mitigate climate change and create a healthier, cleaner, greener Burlington,” said a spokesperson for the organization.
The Youth Connect 4 Climate group provides both online and in-person activities for people who are a member of an eco-club, have a general interest in the environment, or are just looking for a place to start.
Every second week, participants will learn about local and global eco-issues and news, opportunities to help the planet and more.
Among the activities are:
- Special guest speakers
- Eco-film screenings and post-film discussions
- Hikes and opportunities to connect with nature
- Learning about climate change terms such as adaptation, mitigation, resiliency
- Hands-on babitat restoration and clean up events
- Invasive plant removals
- Event greening at popular Burlington events
- Special events and webinars
- Volunteering for the social media subcommittee
Meetings are either in-person or via Zoom and run from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. For more information, visit the website.insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies advertising