Earth Market Event Coming to Mississauga
Do you feel like there's been a lot of bad news lately? Well, it's important to remember that for every sad story, there's a much nicer one waiting to light up your Facebook feed.
If you're in the mood for something lighthearted and positive, you might be happy to know that you're welcome to attend Mississauga's Earth Market event on Saturday, Sept. 17 at the Burnhamthorpe Community Centre (1500 Gulleden Drive).
The event is free to attend and will feature educational workshops, interactive displays, environmental vendors (including GrownInMississauga Produce, Living Chocolate, Real Cocoa Butter and more), local food, live music and more. United Way will also be on hand to host a barbecue in support of people affected by the Hickory Drive explosion.
There will be over 20 local environmental exhibitors and vendors and, if you have little ones, there will be an EarthPLAY pop-up adventure playground for them to enjoy.
In terms of education, there will be a screening of the "Time is Now" documentary by Sustainable Joes and workshops on stormwater management, local food, community safety and low-income assistance.
There will also be a presentation by author Nina Munteanu on her book "Water Is..." and a live musical performance by local artist Paul Cassidy.
The event will run from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
For a complete list of vendors and more info, click here.
- Mississauga Could Soon Be Home to Amazon’s Second North American Headquarters
- Peel Region PC Candidates Split Over Endorsements in Leadership Race
- Canada Breaks Tourism Record in 2017
- What's Open and Closed Family Day in Mississauga
- What Does $300,000 Get You in Mississauga Compared to Other Cities?
- Huge Outdoor Event With Food Trucks and Movie Night About to Hit Mississauga
- Annual Art in the Park Event Set to Hit Mississauga
- Local Produce and Farmers Market Guide Released in Mississauga
- Huge Asian Night Market and Food Festival Coming to Mississauga
- Huge Food and History Event Set to Hit Mississauga This Weekend