Earth Market Event Coming to Mississauga
Do you feel like there's been a lot of bad news lately? Well, it's important to remember that for every sad story, there's a much nicer one waiting to light up your Facebook feed.
If you're in the mood for something lighthearted and positive, you might be happy to know that you're welcome to attend Mississauga's Earth Market event on Saturday, Sept. 17 at the Burnhamthorpe Community Centre (1500 Gulleden Drive).
The event is free to attend and will feature educational workshops, interactive displays, environmental vendors (including GrownInMississauga Produce, Living Chocolate, Real Cocoa Butter and more), local food, live music and more. United Way will also be on hand to host a barbecue in support of people affected by the Hickory Drive explosion.
There will be over 20 local environmental exhibitors and vendors and, if you have little ones, there will be an EarthPLAY pop-up adventure playground for them to enjoy.
In terms of education, there will be a screening of the "Time is Now" documentary by Sustainable Joes and workshops on stormwater management, local food, community safety and low-income assistance.
There will also be a presentation by author Nina Munteanu on her book "Water Is..." and a live musical performance by local artist Paul Cassidy.
The event will run from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
For a complete list of vendors and more info, click here.
- 5 Things That Could Replace the Sears Location in Erin Mills Town Centre
- Massive Winning Lotto Prize Ticket Sold in Mississauga
- Man in Life-Threatening Condition After Being Pulled from Pool in Mississauga
- Top 5 Places for Last Minute Christmas Shopping Outside of Mississauga
- A New Pop-Up Store is Open at Erin Mills Town Centre in Mississauga
- Huge Outdoor Event With Food Trucks and Movie Night About to Hit Mississauga
- Annual Art in the Park Event Set to Hit Mississauga
- Local Produce and Farmers Market Guide Released in Mississauga
- Interesting Christmas Event Coming to Square One in Mississauga
- Massive Comic Book Event Kicking Off in Mississauga