Early Morning Fire Breaks Out in Mississauga
In the very early hours of Monday (Sept. 26) morning, Mississauga Fire tweeted that fire crews had been called to a blaze in a Mississauga apartment building on Glen Erin Drive near Battleford Road.
Upon arrival, they discovered heavy smoke and flames emanating from a third floor unit. Peel police were also on scene and reported that the fire was, fortunately, contained to just one unit.
Shortly after arriving on the scene, fire crews got the blaze under control (it never spread beyond the affected unit) and residents who had been briefly evacuated were allowed to return to their suites.
Thankfully, no injuries were reported.
Crews @MississaugaFES on scene at reported apartment fire on Glen Erin Dr. Flame and heavy smoke condition on arrival— Mississauga Fire (@MississaugaFES) September 26, 2016
Great work by crews @MississaugaFES have fire under control on Glen Erin Drive. No injuries reported.— Mississauga Fire (@MississaugaFES) September 26, 2016
Quick work on Glen Erin Drive, still ventilating and some overhaul, readied to back in in approx 30 minutes, great job by all— Mississauga Fire (@MississaugaFES) September 26, 2016
No reports of any injuries and unknown if any other units are affected.— Peel Regional Police (@PeelPoliceMedia) September 26, 2016
- Mississauga grandfather celebrating big lotto win
- All COVID-19 cases in Mississauga schools for the week of September 21 to 26
- House of the Week: $3.8 mil Sheridan home luxurious features
- PHOTOS: New platform and pavilion now open at a Mississauga GO Station
- A McDonald's location inside a Walmart in Mississauga has temporarily closed down due to a COVID-19 case