Dump truck protest causing delays for QEW drivers through Oakville
Drivers heading through Oakville on the QEW are currently experiencing delays thanks to a dump truck protest.
The protest started this morning with a collection of dump trucks stopped in the Ministry of Transportation (MTO) scales east of Third Line causing a distraction for drivers.
The delays are in both directions of the QEW and the MTO has now closed the northbound Third Line ramp to the eastbound QEW.
“You can shut down the province, but you can’t shut us up,” the Ontario Dump Truck Association said on its Twitter feed. “We are essential workers building Ontario’s roads, bridges, homes, infrastructure.
“We deserve RESPECT and to be heard!”
A similar protest is also currently happening at the MOT scales in Barrie.
- Dump truck protest rolls onto highways in Mississauga and Brampton
- Dump truck convoy heads off from Mississauga and Brampton to protest wages and working conditions
- Indian farmers’ protest causing traffic delays on major roadway in Brampton
- Road closed after dump truck collides with bridge in Mississauga
- VIDEO: Dump Truck Rollover Collision on Highway 410 in Mississauga
- Mississauga, Brampton residents will have to stay home two more weeks, outoor activities begin June 2
- BRAMPTON'S MOST WANTED: Peel Police hunt four men on the run
- Greyhound Canada to stop servicing Ontario and Quebec, halting all Canadian operations
- Alternating the AstraZeneca and Pfizer vaccines causes frequent mild to moderate symptoms but safe
- The urge to keep scratching made a Brampton man $250,000 lotto winner