Drugs and weapons seized in Lindsay, Brampton man charged
An ongoing investigation by the Kawartha Lakes Police Drug Unit has led to the arrest of a Brampton man on drug and weapon charges.
Police say they raided a home in Lindsay, Ontario on February 1 where they seized a gun and an amount of the drug fentanyl.
As a result, Christopher Moyles, 22, of Brampton has been charged with:
* Possession of a prohibited device or ammunition
* Possession of loaded prohibited or restricted firearm
* Possession of firearm or ammunition contrary to prohibition order
* Unauthorized possession of a prohibited or restricted firearm
* Possession of weapon for dangerous purpose
* Carry firearm, prohibited device or ammunition in a careless manner
* Possession of a controlled substance for the purpose of trafficking
* Possession of proceeds of property obtained by crime under $5,000
The accused was held for a bail hearing and was scheduled to appear in the Ontario Court of Justice today.
- Three from Brampton charged in drug trafficking operation
- Mississauga and Brampton residents charged with firearm-related offences
- Mississauga man arrested in connection to unlawful possession of a gun
- Mississauga man charged with numerous firearm and drug related offences
- A takedown by Peel police tactical unit leads to gun, weapon charges against two men
- Pearson Airport in Mississauga welcome 19 international and 13 domestic flights with COVID-19
- Police responding to male with firearm in Mississauga convenience store
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- Roadway shut down after pedestrian struck by vehicle, seriously injured in Mississauga
- All COVID-19 cases in Mississauga schools for the week of Feb 22 to 26