DriveTest centres reopening starting next week
The Province has announced Ontario DriveTest centres will begin reopening starting next week.
As of Monday, June 22, DriveTest locations across the province will be offering limited services with the intention of resuming to fully operational by September.
“As Ontario continues to gradually and safely reopen, reopening DriveTest centres will help get more people back to everyday life,” Caroline Mulroney, Minister of Transportation, said in a news release.
“By resuming driver testing in a phased, staggered approach, important health and safety measures, such as physical distancing and extensive cleaning, can be maintained," she continued.
New physical distancing measures, health checks, and sanitation efforts will be in effect. Additionally, customers will be served based on where they were born in an effort to reduce crowding.
Those born from January to June will be granted first access to DriveTest services during the first week of reopening, while those born from July to December will be granted access to DriveTest services the following week.
Further, access to DriveTest services will continue to alternate weekly until full services are restored.
Phase one, which will begin Monday, will see 56 full-time DriveTest centres will reopen for G1 and M1 knowledge tests, driver’s licence exchanges and commercial driver’s licence applications and upgrades. Commercial road tests will also be available by appointment at 28 locations across Ontario.
“We encourage applicants to be patient when visiting a centre and hold off visiting DriveTest where possible to support physical distancing and reduce crowding,” Mulroney said.
“We have extended the validity of all driver’s licences, so we would ask that everyone hold off on visiting a DriveTest centre unless the need for a driver’s licence is urgent. I can assure you that no one will lose their licence as a result of COVID-19," she added.
Cover photo courtesy of @jack_leung_ via Instagram
- Additional services to be offered at DriveTest centres soon
- All DriveTest centres in Ontario closing due to COVID-19
- Road tests for class G driver's licences will resume this month
- What You Need to Know About Mississauga’s Only DriveTest Centre
- Here's Where the New DriveTest Centre in Mississauga Will Be
- Mississauga teacher enjoying big lotto win
- Popular Mississauga restaurant opens luxury tent to keep diners comfortable amid the COVID shutdown
- HOTW: Inside a $2.3 mil luxury penthouse in Mississauga's Marilyn Monroe condo
- BREAKING: Ontario reporting 978 new COVID-19 cases today, six new deaths
- PHOTOS: Swans rescued following oil spill at Credit River in Mississauga