Driver in Custody After Crash in Mississauga
Officers are on scene for a vehicle collision this afternoon.
Around 4:45 p.m., police reported a crash in the area of Burnhamthorpe Road and Flamewood Drive, west of Tomken.
One driver was taken to local hospital in serious condition.
Police say the other driver attempted to flee the scene on foot but was located by officers a short distance away.
He is now in custody for impaired driving related offences.
Burnhamthorpe is currently closed between Tomken and Westminster Place.
Residents are asked to avoid the area and take alternate routes.
Injuries are non-life-threatening, police say.
The roadway is now open.
- Some big changes coming to garbage and recycling in Mississauga
- House of the Week: Huge $3.9 mil house near Rattray Marsh
- Policy officer from Mississauga celebrating big lotto win
- Federal government identifies multiple flights that landed at Pearson Airport with COVID-19
- Driver in custody after driving without a tire in Mississauga