Driver in Custody After Crash in Mississauga
Officers are on scene for a vehicle collision this afternoon.
Around 4:45 p.m., police reported a crash in the area of Burnhamthorpe Road and Flamewood Drive, west of Tomken.
One driver was taken to local hospital in serious condition.
Police say the other driver attempted to flee the scene on foot but was located by officers a short distance away.
He is now in custody for impaired driving related offences.
Burnhamthorpe is currently closed between Tomken and Westminster Place.
Residents are asked to avoid the area and take alternate routes.
Injuries are non-life-threatening, police say.
The roadway is now open.
- House of the week: $4.5 mil Mississauga Road home with gorgeous outdoor features
- Canada's Wonderland reopening for thrill-seekers on July 7
- Frustration mounts as Mississauga residents told second vaccine dose only available in Muskoka, Simcoe
- Hamilton Police announce arrest of Oliver Karafa and Yun Lu Li in Hungary
- More Mississauga, Brampton and Ontario residents now eligible for earlier second dose of vaccine