Driver in Custody After Crash in Mississauga
Officers are on scene for a vehicle collision this afternoon.
Around 4:45 p.m., police reported a crash in the area of Burnhamthorpe Road and Flamewood Drive, west of Tomken.
One driver was taken to local hospital in serious condition.
Police say the other driver attempted to flee the scene on foot but was located by officers a short distance away.
He is now in custody for impaired driving related offences.
Burnhamthorpe is currently closed between Tomken and Westminster Place.
Residents are asked to avoid the area and take alternate routes.
Injuries are non-life-threatening, police say.
The roadway is now open.
- Driver Sustains Life-Threatening Injuries in Crash in Mississauga
- Driver in Custody Following Rollover Crash in Mississauga
- Impaired Driver Arrested After Crash in Mississauga
- Impaired Driver Causes Collision on Major Road in Mississauga
- Driver in Custody After Alleged Drunk Driving Incident in Mississauga
- House of the Week: Magnificent $8.8 Mil Mansion with Luxurious Indoor Pool
- Mississauga has an interactive map for coyote sightings
- PICK A SIDE: Should kids go back to school in September?
- Police launch blitz targeting noisy vehicles in Mississauga
- 121 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, eight new cases found in Mississauga