Driver in Custody After Crash in Mississauga
Officers are on scene for a vehicle collision this afternoon.
Around 4:45 p.m., police reported a crash in the area of Burnhamthorpe Road and Flamewood Drive, west of Tomken.
One driver was taken to local hospital in serious condition.
Police say the other driver attempted to flee the scene on foot but was located by officers a short distance away.
He is now in custody for impaired driving related offences.
Burnhamthorpe is currently closed between Tomken and Westminster Place.
Residents are asked to avoid the area and take alternate routes.
Injuries are non-life-threatening, police say.
The roadway is now open.
- Police Report Major Road Closure in Mississauga
- Power Outage Impacting Close to 600 Homes and Businesses in Mississauga
- Some More Bad News About Young People and Home Ownership in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: Check Out These High Rise Towers Proposed For This Busy Mississauga Intersection
- Toronto Raptors Put Out Incredible Video Tribute for the Fans