Driver charged after going nearly double the speed limit in Mississauga
Police have laid charges in a recent speeding incident.
According to Sergeant Paul Dhillon with Peel Regional Police, a driver was stopped for travelling at 115 km/h in a 60 km/h zone on Burnhamthorpe Road West near Wolfedale Road.
A charge of stunt driving was laid and the driver’s vehicle was seized.
“Road safety is a shared responsibility,” police said. “The last thing anyone needs especially during these difficult times is a speeding ticket or their vehicle towed and licence suspended.”
Today, #RoadSafetyServices have been active in #Mississauga and #Brampton - including laying a charge of #stunting and seizing a vehicle - travelling at 115 km/h in a 60 km/h zone.#PRP #SafeDriving efforts and enforcement remain unchanged despite the challenges of #COVID19. pic.twitter.com/x0pQZVpd4O— Paul Dhillon (@Dhillon2090) April 19, 2020
Photos courtesy of Paul Dhillon on Twitter
- Vehicle Seized After Police Stop Speeding Driver in Mississauga
- Driver Charged With Excessive Speeding With Child in Tow
- PHOTOS: Driver Charged with Stunt Driving in Mississauga
- Here’s How Many Changes Police Laid During a Road Safety Blitz
- Driver Caught Travelling at Insane Speed on 403 in Mississauga
- Man chains himself to tree outside of hard-hit Mississauga long-term care home to demand change
- Mississauga student receives one of Canada's most coveted scholarships
- Ontario secondary schools have room for improvement: report
- These Mississauga retailers are open (or opening) for in-store shopping
- LATEST OUTBREAKS: List of long-term care homes with COVID-19 outbreaks in Mississauga - May 28, 2020