DRIFF in a Jiff returns to McLaughlin Gallery in Oshawa
Published February 24, 2023 at 9:53 am
DRIFF in a Jiff returns next Friday with two short films from Iran at the Robert McLaughlin Gallery in Oshawa.
The first shorts of 2023 in the popular series from the Durham Region Film Festival are both 15-minute films in Persian with English subtitles:
- Identibye(Directed by Sajjad Shahhatami): Without a single word being uttered by the protagonist, the actor and director draw us into a struggle with identity few of us can imagine.
- Boiled Tea(Directed by Chai Jooshideh): The family is getting ready to celebrate Samaneh’s birthday, but a pack of tea changes everything.
The flicks will be shown downstairs in The Lookout at 7:15 p.m. and 8 p.m. Click here for more details.
It’s also time to submit films for the festival itself, with the early bird submission deadline April 3. And yes, there are cash prizes for the best submissions:
- Best Student Film – $500
- Best Canadian Short Film – $500
- Best International Short Film – $500
- People’s Choice Award – $500
- Best Animated Short – $500
- Best Feature Film – $1,000
- Best Regional Film – $1,000
To get all the details check out submission rules and FilmFreeway.
insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies advertising