Downtown Milton organization looking for new person to take the helm
Published February 13, 2023 at 11:05 am
The Downtown Milton Business Improvement Area is looking for a new ‘face’ of the organization.
The BIA needs a new executive director, someone who will “live and breathe the spirit of our community every single day,” according to a spokesperson.
“Our community is loyal and our entrepreneurs are no strangers to hard work. We’re looking for a professional and dynamic advocate and leader for our small business community. Someone we can trust to support and advocate for our cherished businesses.”
“Our BIA is looking for an executive director who reflects and can communicate the essence of Milton. Someone who is proud of our diversity and can encourage loyal support for our small businesses.”
The next executive director will have a direct role in shaping the future of Milton. Alongside the volunteer Board of Management, they will create programming that invigorates business owners, excites locals, and draws in visitors.
Responsibilities and duties of the position include:
- Collaborate with the Board of Management to make the BIA’s vision a reality by executing a suite of strategic and tactical initiatives.
- Measure the progress we’ve made towards achieving our goals and adjust strategies accordingly so that we succeed.
- Engage diverse community organizations and strengthen community partnerships.
- Plan and oversee the delivery of BIA programming, communications, events, etc.
- Manage the BIA office and motivate team members.
- Deliver communications to our members, partners, stakeholders, council, and the media in a clear and consistent manner.
- Help our downtown look beautiful and stay that way throughout the year.
- Be the “face” of our BIA in the media and with our stakeholders.
According to the job posting, the ideal candidate will have stellar communication skills creativity and outside-the-box thinking.
They will be a multi-tasker who doesn’t shy away from hard work, even if that means wearing more than one hat.
Requirements and qualifications are:
- Post-secondary education or relevant certification.
- Background in Business, Community Development, Economic Development preferred.
- Previous management experience and prior knowledge of the BIA model are a plus.
- Project management experience is a benefit.
- Previous event planning experience is an asset.
- Familiarity with the basics of social media management and marketing is beneficial.
The job pays $68,000 – $72,000.
In lieu of a cover letter, they hiring committee is asking for a personal mission statement. In three or four sentences, tell them why you’d be a good candidate for this job.
Submit your resume and mission statement to [email protected] by Feb. 24.insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies advertising