Doug Ford to meet with Quebec premier in Mississauga
The province recently announced that Ontario Premier Doug Ford and Quebec Premier Francois Legault will hold their inaugural Ontario-Quebec Summit in Mississauga.
The summit, which will be held to “advance shared priorities on economic recovery and health preparedness,” will take place on Sept. 8 and 9, 2020, at the Hilton Toronto Airport Hotel (5875 Airport Road).
The Ontario government says Ford will be joined by Christine Elliott, Deputy Premier and Minister of Health, Rod Phillips, Minister of Finance, Vic Fedeli, Minister of Economic Development, Job Creation and Trade, Laurie Scott, Minister of Infrastructure, Caroline Mulroney, Minister of Transportation, and Peter Bethlenfalvy, President of the Treasury Board.
Legault will be joined by Eric Girard, Minister of Finance, Christian Dube, Minister of Health, Pierre Fitzgibbon, Minister of Economy and Innovation, Sonia LeBel, Chair of the Conseil du Tresor and Minister Responsible for Infrastructure, and Francois Bonnardel, Minister of Transport.
The event will be live-streamed with English closed captioning on the premier’s official YouTube channel.
- Ford getting tested for COVID-19 after education minister in contact with case
- Ontario's Finances in Worse Shape Than Reported, Says Finance Minister
- Finance Minister Bill Morneau resigns
- Ford appoints team to develop plan for Ontario's economic recovery
- Premier Ford announces $50 million fund to help businesses assist province in fighting COVID-19