Doug Ford Just Unveiled New Ontario Signs For The People
If you have been an avid follower of the new provincial government under Ontario Premier Doug Ford, you’ve either been riveted and impressed or shocked and horrified so far as to what he has done.
Sometimes the policies he has enacted are serious (such as cancelling an expected minimum wage increase or cancelling climate change initiatives) while other surprisingly make a lot of sense (such as requiring post secondary institutions to implement guidelines of what constitutes free speech).
And sometimes there are things that just seem mundane and driven by rhetoric, such as today when Ford attended the Ontario Economic Summit and unveiled some new signage for the province.
Thank you @OntarioCofC for inviting me to speak at the Ontario Economic Summit and discuss our Making Ontario Open For Business Act. We're cutting red tape to help businesses create good jobs & putting up big signs at our border to let everyone know Ontario is open for business! pic.twitter.com/7lPPJ2G01o— Doug Ford (@fordnation) October 26, 2018
“We’re cutting red tape to help businesses create good jobs & putting up big signs at our border to let everyone know Ontario is open for business!”, Ford tweeted, referring to a familiar slogan he has used on the campaign trail and in his first few months in office.
If anyone should know a thing or two about branding through signage, it’s Ford, whose family has owned Deco Labels and Tags for decades, a business started up by Ford’s father, Doug Ford Sr.
Say what you will about the previous Liberal government, but when they planned to unveil signs it was for specific purposes, such as assurance signage for people driving east on the 401 so they know that they were approaching Mississauga.
Besides, the “open for business” tag line has been thrown around so many times, it hardly means anything concrete anymore. If you want to attract people to your province or your city, you might as well make it more intuned with current trends for popular culture.
Header photo courtesy of Twitter / @FordNation
- This Massive Entertainment Facility is a Hidden Gem
- 5 Hidden Gem Shows at the Living Arts Centre in Mississauga
- Hugely popular cheesecake hotspot coming to Square One in Mississauga
- Local woman calls 911 because she’s late for her train
- Here’s where Mississauga ranks on the list of the most dangerous cities in Canada
- What is Doug Ford's Plan to Make Ontario "Open for Business"?
- Here's What Doug Ford Wants To Put On Some Ontario License Plates
- Study Shows That Many Ontario Residents Do Not Like Doug Ford As Premier
- Doug Ford Halts Planned Minimum Wage Increase
- Here’s What Doug Ford Intends to Do With Minimum Wage