Doug Ford in good health after attending same conference as COVID-19 patient
The Ontario government says Premier Doug Ford is in good health and not experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms after attending a conference where one attendant had the virus.
Health officials say the latest person to contract the novel coronavirus had attended the Prospectors and Developers Association in Canada conference earlier in March.
Premier Doug Ford and Prime Minister Justin Trudeau both attended the prominent mining conference on one of the same days as the new patient.
Health officials in Sudbury, Ont., say the patient is now in self-isolation at his home in the central Ontario city.
A spokesperson for Ford said Sudbury health officials have not yet contacted the premier during their case tracking process.
The new patient brings the total number of COVID-19 cases in Ontario to 37.
- LATEST: Health officials report two new cases of the novel coronavirus
- Ford calls emergency Friday meeting with health officials over hospitalizations
- First Ontario-produced masks ready for use, Premier Doug Ford says
- Ontario reports new COVID-19 case, says patient had travelled to Las Vegas
- Ontario Premier Doug Ford to receive Oxford-AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine Friday
- Mississauga and Brampton face curfews, travel ban as Ford plans next COVID move
- 401 closed as Mississauga woman killed in early morning collision
- City of Mississauga planning controlled burn of portion of popular park this weekend
- Police investigating dead body found in park in Mississauga
- Mayor of Brampton Patrick Brown and wife celebrate birth of baby girl