Double impaired driving arrest in Hamilton leads police to issue reminder to city drivers
Published November 1, 2021 at 5:23 pm
Two alleged impaired drivers in Hamilton collided early on Monday, police say.
The Hamilton Police Service related that it arrested both drivers after officers were called to the scene a collision at to the area of St. Joseph’s Drive and John Street South around 1 a.m. on Nov. 1. They determined that both drivers were operating a motor vehicle while impaired. They were subsequently arrested and both vehicles were impounded. Both drivers were released with a future court date.
“Hamilton police are reminding our community if you see something, say something,” an HPS media release stated.
The release include signs of of an impaired driver:
- Driving unreasonably fast, slow or at an inconsistent speed
- Drifting in and out of lanes
- Tailgating and changing lanes frequently
- Making exceptionally wide turns
- Changing lanes or passing without sufficient clearance
- Overshooting or stopping well before stop signs or stop lights
- Disregarding signals and lights
- Approaching signals or leaving intersections too quickly or slowly
- Driving without headlights, failing to lower high beams or leaving turn signals on
- Driving with windows open in cold or inclement weather