DogFest Coming to Mississauga
The season of festivals is upon us and what better way to kick off the warmer months than with an adorable dog festival?
The city recently announced that dog lovers can soon unite at [email protected] (4190 Riverwood Park Lane) on Sunday, April 30.
The event, which will kick off at 11:00 a.m. and run until 2:00 p.m., has been organized by Mississauga Animal Services in partnership with The Riverwood Conservancy.
As for what to expect, [email protected] combines a three-kilometre walkathon with a festival for dogs of all sizes and their families.
According to the city, there will be contests and prizes for both dogs and humans. Attendees can also check out sporting detection dogs showing off their scent sniffing abilities.
Dog enthusiasts looking to enjoy some refreshments might also be happy to hear that food vendors will be on scene.
[email protected] proceeds will benefit both Mississauga Animal Services S.C.A.R.F (The Special Care for Animals and Resources Fund) to assist with veterinary care for shelter pets and The Riverwood Conservancy to support environmental education, conservation stewardship, volunteerism, gardening and horticulture programs at Riverwood.
Some members of city council and their dogs will also be on hand at the event.
For more info, click here.
- The Truth Behind the Mysterious Koliba Park in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: First responders salute hospital workers in Mississauga
- House of the Week: $3 mil Lorne Park home with beautiful interior
- Police looking for elderly couple last seen in Mississauga
- Houses still selling for sky-high prices in Mississauga--but COVID-19 could change that
- Unique Dog Festival Coming to Mississauga
- Riverwood Conservancy offering nature-themed camps for kids impacted by teachers' strike
- Mississauga Animal Rescue Organization on Mission to Save Dogs in Tennessee
- Exciting afternoon tea event coming to Mississauga
- Over 3,000 Animals End up in Mississauga Animal Shelter Every Year