Do You Work for One of the Top Small or Medium Businesses in Mississauga?
A handful of employers in Mississauga are being recognized as Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers 2017 Winners.
The list of small and medium enterprises (SMEs) offering the nation’s best workplaces and forward-thinking human resources policies was released in the Globe and Mail on Wednesday.
These local companies made the cut:
Community Trust Company (2350 Matheson Blvd. E.)
Why they stand out: Supports employees with older children through a postsecondary scholarship program.
Excel Funds Management Inc. (2810 Matheson Blvd. E.)
Why they stand out: Encourages employees to save by contributing to a matching RRSP plan.
People Store Staffing Solutions Inc. (151 City Centre Dr.)
Why they stand out: Applauds employee performance with awards, individual bonuses, and an annual one-week club trip vacation.
Prophix Software Inc. (350 Burnhamthorpe Rd. W.)
Why they stand out: Supports charities involving education, poverty, health, and the environment.
Rodan Energy Solutions Inc. (165 Matheson Blvd. E.)
Why they stand out: Helps employees with retirement planning and matching RRSP contributions.
Other companies were recognized for different reasons.
For instance, Toronto-based accounting software firm FreshBooks offers a “compassion fund” to help employees through unexpected circumstances, such as subsidizing the cost of a stolen bike or an emergency veterinarian bill.
Out west, Richmond-based Great Little Box Company makes a monthly award to its two top-performing employees, including a $500 donation to the charity of their choice.
Next Level Games, based in Vancouver, offers exceptional family-friendly benefits including maternity and parental leave top-up for new mothers and fathers, including adoptive parents (to 80 per cent of salary for 27 weeks), plus a subsidy for in vitro fertilization treatments, if required, up to $15,000.
Calgary-based property management firm Strategic Group encourages its employees to assist local arts groups and charities that help the poor by providing cash donations to organizations where employees volunteer.
Finally, Montreal-based software developer GSOFT offers its employees unlimited annual vacation allowance, letting them take as much as time as they need, so long as the job gets done - plus a year-end company holiday to a sunny destination (last year it was Cuba).
The annual competition is open to any employer with its head office or principal place of business in Canada.
Employers must have less than 500 employees worldwide, including those at any affiliated companies, and be a commercial, for-profit enterprise.
- AMBER ALERT CANCELLED: 11 Year Old Girl Abducted by Father Found Deceased
- Mississauga School Devastated After 11-Year-Old Student’s Murder
- People Complain About Amber Alert Following Death of 11-Year-Old Girl
- UPDATE: Man Charged with First Degree Murder of 11 Year Old Daughter
- Police Seeking Man Who Abducted His Daughter in Mississauga
- 19 Mississauga-Based Companies Make the Best Employers List in Canada
- Huge Number of Mississauga-Based Companies Make Prestigious Best Employers List in Canada
- Does Your Company Offer Employees Flexible Work Options?
- Study Shows Employees Want Better Workplaces
- Multiple GTA-Based Companies Declared Best Places to Work in Canada