Do You Want to Order Booze at Taco Bell in Mississauga?
You’ll be able to grab a cold pint at Taco Bell this summer before hitting the bars on Queen West, as the company targets millennials in the Greater Toronto Area.
The restaurant chain is adding Labatt beer to its menu starting in June at select locations across Canada — although it isn’t confirming how many GTA locations, including those in Mississauga, may be included.
Taco Bell Canada’s flagship store - at 484 Queen Street W. in Toronto - is likely going to be the first location in the country to introduce alcohol to the menu.
Initially partnering with Labatt, the company is leaving the door open to add more alcoholic options and may later experiment with twisted freezes, similar to Cantina locations in the U.S., said an agency spokesperson.
General manager Amanda Clark says the company has experienced “tremendous growth” in the last five years to the tune of 28 per cent.
The new store concept will have updated decor, local artwork, open kitchen layouts, shareable menus, and open plating.
“At the core of our new design, we stay true to our Californian heritage. We can’t wait for our fans to see it,” said Clark.
“Our initiatives are propelled by what the fans really want, and when it comes to dining experiences, we’re not afraid to let millennials take the driver’s seat.”
The first U.S. store to serve alcohol was Chicago’s Wicker Park in September 2015, shortly followed by San Francisco.
Taco Bell operates 170 Canadian restaurants in more than seven provinces.
- Ontarians are being warned not to participate in the TikTok penny challenge
- BREAKING: First coronavirus patient confirmed at Sunnybrook Hospital
- Police investigating stabbing near Erin Mills Parkway in Mississauga
- Ontario confirms second case of Wuhan coronavirus
- Teachers' strike to affect Peel and Hamilton-Wentworth school boards
- Taco Bell Canada Moves Forward on Massive Redesign
- Taco Bell's CrunchWrapping paper is back this holiday season
- Here's How You Can Get A Free Taco Today In Mississauga
- These Mississauga Beer Store Locations Will be Open on Boxing Day
- Several Beer Store locations will be open on Boxing Day in Mississauga