Dixie Outlet Mall setting up drive-in theatre
If you're yearning for a night out at the movies, but you're leery of returning to the cinema due to concern over COVID-19, there's good news--Dixie Outlet Mall is setting up a temporary drive-in theatre.
Starting in mid-September, Dixie Outlet Mall will be playing movies on the big screen Saturday evenings according to a social media post from Mississauga Councillor Stephen Dasko.
The first drive-in feature offers the new generation the chance to see their favourite toys come to life on the big screen in Disney and Pixar’s Toy Story, which is scheduled for September 12; the following Saturday, on September 19, viewers will have the opportunity to enjoy the 2004 fantasy romantic comedy Ella Enchanted; then, on September 26, fans of more adult humour can watch the classic cop comedy 21 Jump Street.
Audio will be transmitted via FM radio—doors open at 7:15 p.m. on September 12, and 7 p.m. on September 19 and 26.
According to a representative from Dixie Outlet Mall, further details regarding how to get tickets will be released later this week.
Cover photo courtesy of Zach Dokuchic via Instagram
- Big Changes Coming to Dixie Outlet Mall in Mississauga
- A Major Festival is Starting at Dixie Outlet Mall in Mississauga Soon
- New Office Style Meeting Space at Dixie Mall in Mississauga
- Have You Been to the Massive Premium Outlet Mall Minutes from Mississauga?
- All COVID-19 cases in Mississauga schools for the week of September 21 to 26
- COVID-19: Ontario reports 700 new cases, 104 of those in Peel
- Mississauga home involved in part of large fentanyl seizure
- New rules regarding children in leash-free zones and smoking in parks are now in effect in Mississauga
- Mississauga man charged in large Halton drug bust
- City breaks ground on what will become the tallest building in Mississauga