Director involved in Disney's "The Mandalorian" went to school in Mississauga
Here’s a fun fact for all you Disney+/The Mandalorian fans in Mississauga!
You may know Deborah Chow, who’s credited for directing two episodes of the hot new Star Wars TV series. But did you know she went to school right here in our city?
Chow is an alumni of Gordon Graydon Memorial Secondary School, the Mississauga high school that closed down last year in the summer of 2018.
She attended the school after moving with her family from Australia to Toronto, where she was raised.
So far, Chow has directed two episodes of The Mandalorian — Chapter 3: The Sin and Chapter 7: The Reckoning. She also had an acting role in Chapter 6: The Prisoner.
Outside of Star Wars, Chow’s impressive directing career includes episodes of other massively popular TV shows such as Better Caul Saul, Jessica Jones, and Fear the Walking Dead. She’s also worked in writing, costume design, editing, and producing. Talk about talented!
Speaking of The Mandalorian, the eighth and final episode of Season 1 of is set to hit Disney+ on Friday, December 27.
Photos courtesy of IMDb
- Disney+ streaming service now available in Mississauga
- Gordon Graydon Memorial Secondary School Could Close
- Meeting About Possible Closure of Gordon Graydon School in Mississauga Coming Up
- Everything You Need to Know About Disney's New Streaming Service
- Here's where you can get an adorable Baby Yoda Christmas sweater
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: World's largest cargo plane lands at Pearson Airport with medical supplies
- House of the Week: $5.9 mil contemporary stunner in Cooksville
- PHOTOS: Massive $50,000,000 mansion with gold-lining is for sale in Mississauga
- Newly-released data indicates that Mississauga is a hotspot for COVID-19
- House of the Week: $2 mil home with gorgeous, upgraded interior