Did You Know That This Popular Toronto-Shot TV Show is Filming in Mississauga?
We've called ourselves Hollywood North before and we're not flattering ourselves with that title—a lot of popular Netflix and cable TV productions (and films) are regularly shot in Mississauga.
If you were in the Square One area on Monday, March 18, you might have noticed an eerie sight around City Hall.
An eerie sight that's not too uncommon in Toronto, but definitely uncommon here.
The Emmy Award-winning Handmaid's Tale, a popular American TV show that's usually shot in Toronto, Hamilton, Cambridge and Vaughan, was recently filmed in Mississauga.
The iconic Handmaids were spotted at Celebration Square and inside City Hall.
For those who are unaware, the show is based on the best-selling novel by renowned Canadian author Margaret Atwood. The series is set in Gilead, a totalitarian society in what used to be part of the United States.
Gilead, a troubled region plagued by environmental disasters and a plummeting birth rate, is ruled by a fundamentalist regime that treats women as property. Given no agency of their own, the remaining fertile women are forced into sexual servitude.
Once such woman, Offred, has to fight to survive—and find her long-lost daughter.
The show, which has spanned three seasons thus far, stars Elisabeth Moss, Max Minghella and Joseph Fiennes.
Did you manage to catch the Handmaids in Mississauga?
Cover photo courtesy of IMDb
- Burlington and Oakville filming locations for Handmaid's Tale television series
- Brampton serving as backdrop for filming of The Handmaid's Tale
- A Brand New Netflix Show is Filming in Mississauga
- A New and Very Popular Netflix Show was Filmed in Mississauga
- DID YOU KNOW This Popular Netflix Show Was Shot in Mississauga?
- Brampton father found guilty in severe malnutrition of his 21-month-old daughter
- Mississauga transit buses now have seats that are unsafe to sit in
- "Don't paint the hydrants" Mississauga fire department tells the public
- Carjacking at knifepoint in Brampton, suspects sought by Peel police
- Big deals happening at a new clothing and accessories store at Dixie Outlet Mall in Mississauga