Delta variant continues to be sole contributor of all COVID-19 cases in Niagara Region

By

Published August 27, 2021 at 1:10 pm

covid191_4

With 17 new cases of COVID-19 being reported today (August 27), Niagara Region continues to see the Delta variant as the sole cause.

Of the 144 existing cases in the region, 11 per cent have been reported as confirmed Delta while the remaining 89 per cent have been labelled “likely Delta.”

St Catharines continues to lead the number of existing cases with 53, followed by Niagara Falls at 34. Welland is reporting 17 cases, following by Thorold and Lincoln at 11 and 10 respectively.

On the positive side, Niagara-on-the-Lake now joins Wainfleet as a zero-case municipality.

insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies

Related News

advertising