Deadline for students in Mississauga to switch learning models extended
The deadline for parents to switch their kids' learning models has been extended by two days.
The previous deadline to submit a request for a change was 12 p.m. on October 12. However, the Peel District School Board has announced the deadline has been extended to 12 p.m. on October 14. Changes will still come into effect on November 18, as previously planned.
Those who wish to switch models will be required to provide their school with the student’s name, student number, and the model they would like to switch to—for K-8 students: in-person or online. For Grade 9-12 students: adaptive learning or fully online.
Students’ first day in their new model will be November 18, until then, students are instructed to continue attending their classes as they have been thus far.
Those who do not make a switch during this opportunity will have another opportunity to do so sometime in January 2021.
The PDSB is strongly encouraging students and parents to avoid switching between learning models multiple times during the school year.
- Next opportunity for Peel students to switch from in-class to online learning in October
- Mississauga students cannot switch from distance to in-person learning at random during the school year: PDSB
- Half of elementary students at Peel public board opted for online learning
- Peel District School Board provides update on when and how Mississauga students will return to school
- Catholic school board makes change to remote learning model in Mississauga