Dating Site Releases Interesting Data About Marriage in Mississauga
Weddings, for many, are not quite as important as they were even 20 years ago.
In fact, 2011 census data finds that the average age for a first marriage is 28 for women and 31 for men. The same data shows that among people in their early 30s, 43.4 per cent of women and 54 per cent of men have never been married.
But while people aren’t marrying as young (and some are choosing not to marry at all), marriage is still important to a large contingent of people—especially in major GTA cities such as Mississauga, Brampton, Oakville and Milton.
Well-known dating site EliteSingles recently surveyed 40,000 Canadians and found the country’s ‘marriage hotspots’—the places where singles are, on average, the most interested in tying the knot.
And, of the top 15 most marriage-minded Canadian cities, eight are in the GTA.
In particular, York Region stands out: Richmond Hill is the second most marriage-minded place in the whole of Canada (and the first in Ontario), Vaughan is third, and Markham fourth.
Toronto and Halton and Peel cities round out the top 15 in Canada, with Brampton coming in at number five, Toronto at six, Mississauga at 10, Milton at lucky number 13 and Oakville at 15.
The most marriage minded cities in Canada overall are:
1. St. John’s, NL
2. Richmond Hill, ON
3. Vaughan, ON
4. Markham, ON
5. Brampton, ON
6. Toronto, ON
7. Coquitlam, BC
8. Burnaby, BC
9. Surrey, BC
10. Mississauga, ON
11. Edmonton, AB
12. Abbotsford, BC
13. Milton, ON
14. St Albert, AB
15. Oakville, ON
While the top 15 most marriage minded-Ontario cities include:
1. Richmond Hill
14. Sault Ste. Marie
Other marriage-minded areas across Canada include Metro Vancouver and the Edmonton region.
EliteSingles says the study looked at anonymous data from 40,000 Canadian singles registered with the platform. In particular, the company analyzed responses to the statement ‘marriage is important for me and should be for my partner’ - the more someone agreed, the more marriage focused they were deemed to be.
“Once the responses were averaged out geographically, a winner emerged, and the honour of best Canadian city in which to find a marriage-minded mate goes to goes to St. John’s in Newfoundland and Labrador,” the study says.
“As interesting as these results might be, they do have to come with a caveat: EliteSingles is a dating site for Canadians seeking long-term, lasting love so all members are likely to be more relationship-focused than might be seen in a wider study of the population. That said, 40,000 people is a sizeable sample, so it’s fair to say that if you want wedding bells in your future, it might be time to try dating in St. John’s or the GTA.”
Are you looking for marriage in Mississauga?
- Residents Warned of Possible New CRA Fraud in Mississauga
- Unique Halloween Event Taking Place at Erin Mills Town Centre in Mississauga
- Man Arrested Following Multiple Thefts, Crashing into Police Cruiser in Mississauga
- Part of Major Road Closed Following Collision in Mississauga
- MPP Moving to Tackle Sky-High Auto Insurance Rates in Mississauga
- Canada Post Unveils Stamp Celebrating Marriage Equality
- Some Troubling Numbers Regarding Home Ownership in Mississauga
- You'll Never Guess How Many People Joined This Dating Site in 2017
- Canadians Will Have the Shortest Electronic Tax Filing Window Ever This Year
- Another Canadian City is Attempting to Lure People Away from Mississauga and Surrounding Cities