Dangerous Winter Conditions Expected in Mississauga
Some pretty dangerous winter weather conditions are expected to hit Mississauga today (Feb. 12).
According to Environment Canada, the city is expected to see a combination of 15 to 25 cm of snow and ice pellets.
Freezing rain is possible along with strong winds that could carry into the evening.
Snow is expected to begin this morning.
Strong easterly winds gusting near 70 km/h will result in reduced visibility due to blowing snow.
According to Environment Canada, "Stronger wind gusts near 80 km/h are also possible near the shores of Lake Ontario this morning."
Visibilities are expected to improve during the afternoon as the precipitation changes to a mix of snow and ice pellets.
However, there is also a risk of freezing rain later in the afternoon.
The snowfall is expected to taper to flurries by tomorrow.
People are urged to consider postponing non-essential travel until conditions improve.
- Police Seeking Assistance in Locating 5-Year-Old Boy
- Reports Suggest Hamilton Crime Boss Critically Injured in Mississauga Shooting
- BREAKING: Amber Alert issued For 5-Year-Old Boy Last Seen in Mississauga
- Popular Filipino Restaurant Shuts Down in Mississauga
- 18 Restaurants That Will Give You Free Food On Your Birthday Near Mississauga