Dangerous Weather Warning Now in Effect for Mississauga
If you plan on travelling in the Halton or Peel regions tonight, you might want to take extra precautions.
Environment Canada recently announced that special weather statements are in effect for Mississauga, Brampton, Caledon, Milton and Halton Hills.
The weather agency says a brief period of freezing rain is possible later this evening for Brampton and northern sections of Toronto (the warning also says Mississauga could be affected).
"A low pressure system will spread precipitation into the region later this evening. Temperatures will be near the freezing mark," Environment Canada says.
"As a result, precipitation is expected to begin in the form of ice pellets and freezing rain in some inland areas."
Precipitation will become rain in all areas by midnight as temperatures rise above zero in all parts of the regions.
Environment Canada says travel may impacted or become hazardous at times later this evening.
As far as Milton and Halton Hills go, Environment Canada says there's potential for freezing rain in some places this evening as well. The same low pressure system is expected to produce rain that could freeze when temperatures dip.
Precipitation will become rain in all areas by midnight as temperature rise above zero.
If you're driving, use extra caution.
- Freezing Rain Warning Officially in Effect for Mississauga
- LATEST WEATHER STATEMENT: Freezing Rain to Hit Mississauga
- Mississauga Facing Extreme Cold Weather, Freezing Rain Expected
- Environment Canada issues freezing rain warning for Mississauga
- Freezing Rain Warning In Effect for Mississauga and Surrounding Cities
- Elementary school classes set to be reorganized in Mississauga
- City issuing big tickets at private gatherings in Mississauga this weekend
- OPINION: Mississauga anti-maskers event doing more harm than good
- All COVID-19 cases in Mississauga schools for the week of September 14 to 19
- Deceased male located near creek in Mississauga