Dangerous Sheet Metal Causes Major Road Closures in Mississauga
A dangerous piece of sheet metal has caused major road closures in Mississauga.
Police are currently on scene in the area of Hurontario and Burnhamthorpe in regards to a dangerous condition.
According to police, a large piece of sheet metal has dislodged from a building and is in danger of falling.
As a result, Burnhamthorpe Road is closed between Hurontario Street and Kariya Gate.
#PRP currently on scene in the area of Hurontario/Burnhamthrope in regards to a dangerous condition. A large piece of sheet metal has dislodged from a building & is in danger of falling. Burnhamthorpe Rd is closed between Hurontario St and Kariya Gate. Heavy equip is on the way.— Peel Regional Police (@PeelPoliceMedia) February 15, 2019
We will provide updates as they become available.
UPDATE: As of 9:38 p.m., the metal has been removed and roadways are open.
- Dangerous Condition Prompts Road Closure in Mississauga
- Road Closure After Live Wires and Poles in Danger of Falling in Mississauga
- Major Area of Hurontario to Remain Closed Indefinitely After Explosion in Mississauga
- SIU Clears Peel Police After Mississauga Man Hits Officer With Metal Bar
- Canada Day Road Closures in Mississauga