DAILY UPDATE: COVID-19 cases on the rise again at schools in Oakville, Burlington, Milton on Dec. 2
Published December 2, 2021 at 10:33 am
COVID-19 cases jumped by more than 10 per cent overnight at schools in Oakville, Milton, Burlington and Halton Hills on Dec. 2.
The are now 33 active cases at Halton public and Catholic schools.
Nine classrooms are closed, all at the Catholic board, as the public board continues to apply a different standard than most boards in the province regarding closed classes.
When a classroom is closed, students are sent home to quarantine for at least 10 days and learn remotely.
As older cases are resolved, schools are removed from the listing.
Here is a list of all Halton schools, both public and Catholic, currently reporting cases:
- Abbey Lane: 2 cases
- Alexander’s: 1 case
- Alton Village: 1 case
- CH Norton: 3 cases
- Central (JK-Gr. 6): 2 cases
- Florence Meares: 2 cases
- James W. Hill: 1 case
- John William Boich: 1 case
- Martin Street: 1 case
- Orchard Park: 1 case
- P.L. Robertson: 2 cases
- Pauline Johnson: 2 cases
- Pine Grove: 1 case
- Queen of Heaven: 2 cases, 2 classes closed
- St. Bernadette: 1 case, 1 class closed
- St. Joan of Arc: 1 case 1 class closed
- St. Marguerite d’Youville: 1 case, 1 class closed
- St. Matthew: 4 cases, 4 classed closed
- Tiger Jeet Singh: 1 cases
- St. Francis Xavier: 3 cases