DAILY UPDATE: COVID-19 cases in Catholic schools in Burlington, Oakville, Milton down by more than a third on Oct. 6
Published October 6, 2021 at 2:55 pm
Only nine of the 55 Catholic schools in Burlington, Oakville and Milton are reporting COVID-19 cases and no new cases were reported on Oct. 6.
There are currently 14 active COVID-19 cases among staff and students at Halton Catholic District School Board, down from 23 yesterday.
In addition, only five classrooms are closed, half of yesterday’s number.
When a classroom is closed, students are sent home to quarantine for at least 10 days and learn remotely.
As older cases are resolved, schools are removed from the listing.
Here is a list of all schools currently reporting cases:
- Guardian Angels: 1 case
- St. Benedict: 1 case, 1 class closed
- St. Gregory the Great: 3 cases, 3 classes closed
- St. Teresa of Calcutta: 2 cases, 1 class closed
- Bishop P.F. Reding: 1 case
- Notre Dame: 1 case
- St. Francis Xavier: 1 case
- St. Ignatius of Loyola: 2 cases
- St. Thomas Aquinas: 2 cases