DAILY UPDATE: 84 active COVID-19 cases at schools in Oakville, Milton, Burlington on Dec. 15
Published December 15, 2021 at 10:55 am
Two new schools are reporting COVID-19 cases at schools in Oakville, Burlington, Milton and Halton Hills on Dec. 15.
The overall active case count is down, however, as 15 schools dropped off the reporting list as old cases have been resolved.
There are 84 cases at Halton public and Catholic school boards spread over 34 schools.
In addition, 36 classrooms are closed, all at the Catholic board. The public board is unique in the province when it comes to declaring closed classes and uses different criteria than all the other boards.
When a classroom is closed, students are sent home to quarantine for at least 10 days and learn remotely.
As older cases are resolved, schools are removed from the listing.
Here is a list of all Halton schools, both public and Catholic, currently reporting cases:
- Anne J. MacArthur: 1 case
- Central (JK-Gr. 6): 7 cases
- Ethel Gardiner: 1 case
- Forest Trail: 2 cases
- George Kennedy: 3 cases
- Glenview: 1 case
- Heritage Glen: 1 case
- Holy Cross: 7 cases, 3 classes closed
- Limehouse: 1 case
- Pineland: 1 case
- Post’s Corners: 2 cases
- Queen of Heaven: 3 cases, 3 classes closed
- Rolling Meadows: 1 case
- St. Anthony of Padua: 1 case
- St. Benedict: 5 cases, 2 classes closed
- St. Bernadette: 1 case, 1 class closed
- St. Brigid: 6 cases, 4 classes closed
- St. Catherine of Alexandria: 6 cases, 4 classes closed
- St. Francis of Assisi: 2 cases, 1 class closed
- St. Gregory the Great: 3 cases, 5 classes closed
- St. Joan of Arc: 1 case 1 class closed
- St. John Paul II: 8 cases, 3 classes closed
- St. Joseph (Acton): 3 cases
- St. Marguerite d’Youville: 1 case
- St. Mark: 2 cases, 2 classes closed
- St. Mary: 1 case, 1 class closed
- St. Peter: 1 case
- St. Scholastica: 2 cases
- St. Teresa of Calcutta: 1 case
- Bishop Reding: 2 cases
- Christ the King: 3 cases, 4 classes closed
- Georgetown District: 1 case
- St. Francis Xavier: 1 case, 2 classes closed
- St. Ignatius of Loyola: 2 cases