DAILY UPDATE: 42 COVID-19 cases reported at 29 Catholic schools in Mississauga and Brampton
Published October 13, 2021 at 1:21 pm
Four additional Catholic elementary schools in Mississauga and one in Brampton are now dealing with cases of COVID-19.
Corpus Christi, St. John of the Cross and St. Sofia, all in Mississauga, each reported one student with the virus, St. Therese of the Child Jesus, also in Mississauga, reported a case in a staff member, and St. Stephen in Brampton reported a student case.
Overall numbers are up slightly from yesterday, but still show a decrease in number of reported cases among students and staff from last week.
The latest numbers from the Dufferin-Peel Catholic District School Board show that 29 schools (20 elementary, nine secondary) are reporting ongoing cases of the virus as of today (Oct. 13).
That’s down from 35 schools at this time last week, statistics show.
Dufferin-Peel schools are reporting 38 active student cases (compared to 42 one week ago) and four active staff cases (two cases a week ago), in addition to 41 closed classrooms (39 one week ago).
A closed classroom means the children from that class are sent home to learn remotely during a quarantine period of at least 10 days.
Also, there is one confirmed case at the Board’s head offices on Matheson Blvd.
Here’s a list of schools that currently have at least one ongoing case:
- Bishop Francis Allen: 3 students, 2 closed classrooms
- Bishop Scalabrini: 2 students, 1 staff, 7 closed classrooms
- Corpus Christi: 1 student, 1 closed classroom
- Sacred Heart: 4 students, 2 closed classrooms
- St. Daniel Comboni: 3 students
- St. Francis of Assisi: 1 student
- St. Herbert: 2 students, 2 closed classrooms
- St. Isaac Jogues: 2 students, 1 staff, 2 closed classrooms
- St. John of the Cross: 1 student
- St. Julia: 1 student, 1 closed classroom
- St. Marguerite Bourgeoys: 1 student, 1 closed classroom
- St. Mark: 3 students, 1 closed classroom
- St. Raphael: 1 student
- St. Rose of Lima: 1 student, 1 closed classroom
- St. Sofia: 1 student, 1 closed classroom
- St. Stephen: 1 student
- St. Therese of the Child Jesus: 1 staff, 1 closed classroom
- St. Ursula: 1 student, 1 closed classroom
- St. Valentine: 2 students, 2 closed classrooms
- Blessed Michael J. McGivney: 1 staff, 1 closed classroom
- Cardinal Leger: 1 student, 2 closed classrooms
- Iona: 1 closed classroom
- Loyola: 1 student, 2 closed classrooms
- Notre Dame: 1 student, 2 closed classrooms
- Philip Pocock: 1 student, 2 closed classrooms
- St. Augustine: 1 student
- St. Joan of Arc: 1 probable positive, 2 closed classrooms
- St. Joseph: 1 student
- St. Roch: 1 student, 1 probable positive, 4 closed classrooms
insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies