DAILY UPDATE: 35 COVID-19 cases reported at 24 Catholic schools in Mississauga and Brampton
Published October 12, 2021 at 3:14 pm
The number of reported cases of COVID-19 among students and staff at Catholic schools in Mississauga and Brampton is significantly down from one week ago.
The latest numbers from the Dufferin-Peel Catholic District School Board show that 24 schools (15 elementary, nine secondary) are reporting ongoing cases of the virus as of today (Oct. 12).
That’s down from 35 schools at this time last week, statistics show.
Dufferin-Peel schools are reporting 32 active student cases (compared to 42 one week ago) and three active staff cases (two cases a week ago), in addition to 38 closed classrooms (39 one week ago).
A closed classroom means the children from that class are sent home to learn remotely during a quarantine period of at least 10 days.
Also, there is one confirmed case at the Board’s head offices on Matheson Blvd.
Here’s a list of schools that currently have at least one ongoing case:
- Bishop Francis Allen: 3 students, 2 closed classrooms
- Bishop Scalabrini: 2 students, 1 staff, 7 closed classrooms
- Sacred Heart: 3 students, 2 closed classrooms
- St. Daniel Comboni: 2 students
- St. Francis of Assisi: 1 student
- St. Herbert: 2 students, 2 closed classrooms
- St. Isaac Jogues: 2 students, 1 staff, 2 closed classrooms
- St. Julia: 1 student, 1 closed classroom
- St. Marguerite Bourgeoys: 1 student, 1 closed classroom
- St. Mark: 3 students, 1 closed classroom
- St. Raphael: 1 student
- St. Rose of Lima: 1 student, 1 closed classroom
- St. Ursula: 1 student, 1 closed classroom
- St. Valentine: 2 students, 2 closed classrooms
- Blessed Michael J. McGivney: 1 staff, 1 closed classroom
- Cardinal Leger: 1 student, 2 closed classrooms
- Iona: 1 closed classroom
- Loyola: 1 student, 2 closed classrooms
- Notre Dame: 1 student, 2 closed classrooms
- Philip Pocock: 1 student, 2 closed classrooms
- St. Augustine: 1 student
- St. Joan of Arc: 1 probable positive, 2 closed classrooms
- St. Joseph: 1 student
- St. Roch: 1 student, 1 probable positive, 4 closed classrooms
insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies