Curbside loose-leaf collection starts soon in Burlington, check city calendar
Published October 12, 2021 at 2:01 pm
The City of Burlington’s loose-leaf collection program starts on Monday, Nov. 8.
Residents can check to see what zone they’re in and then get ready for their one chance for curbside pickup of leaves.
Collection for Zone 1 is the week of Nov. 8; Zone 2 is week of Nov. 15 and Zone 3 runs two weeks and begins Nov. 22.
The program is weather dependent and things like freezing rain or snow can cause delays or even cancel the program. Always be prepared to bag your leaves for Halton Region’s Yard Waste Pick-up or mulch them to help your lawns and gardens grow.
If the collection is delayed or cancelled due to weather or other circumstances, residents can call 905-335-7777 for updated information. Updates will also be posted on the city website.
To ensure the safety of collection crews and avoid damaging equipment, residents are asked to keep the loose-leaf piles free of debris and sticks. Leaves mixed with debris and waste will not be collected.
To ensure a successful pick-up, residents should:
- Rake leaves to the edge of the curb or roadway in a loose pile
- Remove basketball nets, cars and other obstructions from the road during pick-up dates
- Clear leaves from sidewalks and walkways
- Avoid placing garbage bags, bins, blue boxes or green carts on top of loose-leaf piles
- Give crews room to remove the leaves when driving
After the collection program is complete, any remaining leaves should be placed in yard-waste bags for curb side collection by Halton Region.insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies