Curbside bundled branch collection beings today in Niagara Region, runs until November 26
Published November 1, 2021 at 2:17 pm
The annual fall curbside branch collection starts today for all Niagara Region residents and will run until November 26.
When setting out branches for collection, the region asks residents to remember:
- Branches must be tied in bundles using string or twine
- Maximum weight of a bundle is 50 pounds.
- Maximum size of a bundle is five feet in length and 1.6 feet in diameter
- Individual branches inside of a bundle must not exceed 2.8 inches in diameter
- Branches must be at the curb by 7 am on your regular collection day, or placed out the night before after 5 p.m.
- Stumps, large branches-limbs and tree trunks are not collected at the curb
- During the weeks of fall branch collection, branches and leaf and yard material are often collected in a separate collection truck than Green Bin material
In addition to curbside collection, residents can also drop off branches (of any size) and yard waste at one of the Region’s Waste and Recycling Drop-off Depots year-round, free of charge.