Crews on Scene of Suspicious Fire in Mississauga
The Ontario Fire Marshal’s office has been called in to investigate a suspicious overnight fire in Mississauga on Friday.
“There were a lot of flames,” said Peel Regional Police Const. Lori Murphy.
First responders were sent to the city’s south end at Hurontario St. and Paisley Blvd. at 3:50 a.m.
“There’s no injuries and it looks like it was a parking garage,” said Murphy.
A row of garages were ablaze.
Road closures in the area are now being opened up, Murphy said at 7:30 a.m.
There’s no damage estimate yet and the cause is under investigation.
- Two Mississauga residents enjoying lotto wins
- Mississauga to ask region to temporarily ban the sale of non-essential goods at big box stores
- Peel Region sets record high for COVID-19 cases today
- Region will not prohibit big box stores from selling non-essential goods in Mississauga
- Police investigating robbery in Mississauga