UPDATED: Crews on Scene of Mississauga Gas Leak
Emergency crews are on scene in Mississauga on Thursday morning for a gas leak.
“There’s no danger to anyone,” said Peel Regional Police Const. Akhil Mooken.
“No homes have been evacuated.”
The call came in at 7:56 a.m.
The gas leak is near Rathburn Rd E and Tapestry Tr.
“We received a call directly from Enbridge in regards to a gas line being hit,” said Mooken.
Eastbound Rathburn is currently closed at Ponytrail Dr. as crews repair damage.
Drivers are asked to use alternate routes and avoid the area.
No injuries have been reported, say police.
UPDATE: The gas leak has been capped and the road is now open, say police at 10:30 a.m. Repair crews are still in the area.
- Massive New Food Delivery Service Has Arrived in Mississauga
- New Barbershop is a Game Changer in Oakville and Mississauga
- New French Bakery Opens First Mississauga Location
- Mick Jagger’s Model Daughter, Georgia May Jagger, Coming to Square One in Mississauga
- Schools Under Hold and Secure After Gunshots Potentially Fired in Mississauga