UPDATED: Crews on Scene of Mississauga Gas Leak
Emergency crews are on scene in Mississauga on Thursday morning for a gas leak.
“There’s no danger to anyone,” said Peel Regional Police Const. Akhil Mooken.
“No homes have been evacuated.”
The call came in at 7:56 a.m.
The gas leak is near Rathburn Rd E and Tapestry Tr.
“We received a call directly from Enbridge in regards to a gas line being hit,” said Mooken.
Eastbound Rathburn is currently closed at Ponytrail Dr. as crews repair damage.
Drivers are asked to use alternate routes and avoid the area.
No injuries have been reported, say police.
UPDATE: The gas leak has been capped and the road is now open, say police at 10:30 a.m. Repair crews are still in the area.
- Exciting Christmas Events are Coming to a Huge Entertainment Facility
- Mississauga advising residents to exercise caution with ridesharing services
- PHOTOS: Massive $50,000 mansion with gold-lining is for sale in Mississauga
- Here's what you need to know about the new regulations for airlines
- Police looking for armed suspects following bank robbery in Mississauga