UPDATED: Crews on Scene of Mississauga Gas Leak
Emergency crews are on scene in Mississauga on Thursday morning for a gas leak.
“There’s no danger to anyone,” said Peel Regional Police Const. Akhil Mooken.
“No homes have been evacuated.”
The call came in at 7:56 a.m.
The gas leak is near Rathburn Rd E and Tapestry Tr.
“We received a call directly from Enbridge in regards to a gas line being hit,” said Mooken.
Eastbound Rathburn is currently closed at Ponytrail Dr. as crews repair damage.
Drivers are asked to use alternate routes and avoid the area.
No injuries have been reported, say police.
UPDATE: The gas leak has been capped and the road is now open, say police at 10:30 a.m. Repair crews are still in the area.
- Mississauga man murdered at Wasaga Beach, Brampton man one of two charged
- VIDEO: Aftermath of multi-vehicle crash involving Mississauga Transit bus sends four to hospital
- Oakville driver stabbed in face, Mississauga man now charged
- Mississauga firefighters dealing with blaze at Petro Canada refinery
- UPDATE: Section of 401 in Halton closed after collision