UPDATED: Crews on Scene of Mississauga Gas Leak
Emergency crews are on scene in Mississauga on Thursday morning for a gas leak.
“There’s no danger to anyone,” said Peel Regional Police Const. Akhil Mooken.
“No homes have been evacuated.”
The call came in at 7:56 a.m.
The gas leak is near Rathburn Rd E and Tapestry Tr.
“We received a call directly from Enbridge in regards to a gas line being hit,” said Mooken.
Eastbound Rathburn is currently closed at Ponytrail Dr. as crews repair damage.
Drivers are asked to use alternate routes and avoid the area.
No injuries have been reported, say police.
UPDATE: The gas leak has been capped and the road is now open, say police at 10:30 a.m. Repair crews are still in the area.
- Mississauga Uber Driver Arrested After Two Sexual Assault Incidents
- This is Where Mississauga Ranks on the List of Canada’s Most Dangerous Cities
- 5 “Haunted” Conspiracy Theories That Exist In Mississauga
- Top 5 Chinese Takeout Joints in Mississauga
- UPDATE on CLOSURE: Popular Japanese/Korean Restaurant in Mississauga Closed for Health Violations