UPDATED: Crews on Scene of Mississauga Gas Leak
Emergency crews are on scene in Mississauga on Thursday morning for a gas leak.
“There’s no danger to anyone,” said Peel Regional Police Const. Akhil Mooken.
“No homes have been evacuated.”
The call came in at 7:56 a.m.
The gas leak is near Rathburn Rd E and Tapestry Tr.
“We received a call directly from Enbridge in regards to a gas line being hit,” said Mooken.
Eastbound Rathburn is currently closed at Ponytrail Dr. as crews repair damage.
Drivers are asked to use alternate routes and avoid the area.
No injuries have been reported, say police.
UPDATE: The gas leak has been capped and the road is now open, say police at 10:30 a.m. Repair crews are still in the area.
- Speed cushions to be installed on four Mississauga roads
- Province issues two new emergency orders to combat rise in hospitalizations in Mississauga and Brampton
- PHOTOS: What the old Tim Hortons building in Mississauga look like now
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Roads closed off after fatal crash in Brampton
- 'No longer considered peaceful': Arrests made following protest in Mississauga and Brampton