Crews Continue Working to Restore Power to Mississauga Homes
If you’re still without power after the wind storm on Friday, you hopefully won’t have to wait too much longer for it to return.
Alectra Utilities reports that power has been restored to almost all homes affected by the storm, which saw nearly 100,000 lose their electricity service at the storm’s height.
Approximately 4,800 homes and businesses served by Alectra remain without power, including 777 customers in Mississauga as of 8:00 a.m. today.
Crews have been working through Friday evening and early Saturday morning to restore power, Alectra says.
Service is expected to be restored to all remaining homes and businesses (that do not have damage to customer-owned equipment) later Saturday or early Sunday morning, the company reports.
In the meantime, all Mississauga residents still without power can call 905-273-7425 or follow @AlectraNews on Twitter for further updates.
- UPDATE: 5,700 Hamilton homes, businesses affected by power outage as storm hits
- Close to 800 Homes and Businesses Affected by Power Outage in Mississauga
- Power Outage Affecting Over 200 Homes and Businesses in Mississauga
- Over 3,000 Homes and Businesses Without Power in Mississauga Following Power Outage
- Over 100 homes and businesses without power in Mississauga
- 100% of recent Mississauga and Brampton COVID patients not fully vaccinated
- 1 in 3 Canadians considering 'workarounds' as Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton house prices keep rising
- Mississauga grandfather plans to share big lotto win with his children
- Police investigating "reports of possible gunshots" in Brampton
- Brampton police investigation leads to 5 people facing firearms, kidnapping charges