Extreme Weather Warning is Issued for Mississauga
It’s basically Montreal weather penetrating the Greater Toronto Area.
On second thought it’s Ottawa-worthy cold, too.
An extreme cold warning remains in effect for Mississauga, Brampton, Oakville, Burlington, Milton, Halton Hills, and Caledon.
“A prolonged period of very cold wind chills is expected,” reads the Environment Canada warning issued at 4:38 a.m. Friday.
Wind chill values - due to northwest winds up to 50 kilometres per hour - will be in the -35 C to -40 C range early this morning, the federal weather agency predicts.
“Temperatures and wind chill values will be slightly lower Friday night. The extreme cold will continue until Saturday or possibly into Sunday morning.”
Extreme cold puts everyone at risk, and Environment Canada is reminding folks to cover up, since frostbite can develop within minutes on exposed skin, especially with wind chill. In addition, check on older family, friends and neighbours.
Finally, if it’s too cold for you to stay outside, it’s too cold for your pet to be out there.
- Film and television studio opening third location in Mississauga
- Here are all the places that now require masks or face coverings in Mississauga
- Justin Trudeau speaks out about racist tirade at Mississauga grocery store, police say they’re investigating
- Police investigating reports of man trying to enter occupied cars in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Anti-masker's racist rant in Mississauga grocery store