Craft Brewery With Incredible Name Opening in Mississauga
While Mississauga has a ton of on-trend bars and restaurants that serve phenomenal craft beers, the city doesn’t have too much in the way of craft breweries.
But it looks like that’s slowly changing.
Now, Old Credit Brewing isn’t the only brewery in town, as Stonehooker Brewing Company (that’s a memorable name if there ever was one!) is opening a craft brewery in Mississauga’s Port Credit and Lakeview area this fall.
According to Stonehooker’s website, the brewery is expected to open Sept. 14, 2018.
Beer fans might actually be pleased to hear that the company just released its first beer.
The brew? The Broad Reach Noreaster IPA (5.4% abv), which the Ontario Beverage Network describes as a hazy IPA brewed with Mosaic, Vic Secret and Simcoe hops.
The beer is currently available at select establishments in Port Credit, such as the Crooked Cue.
The brewery, founded by Ross Noel with Brewmaster Adam Cherry, will feature a tap room and retail store with beer styles including a saison, tripel, lager, imperial stout, hefeweizen, porter, milkshake IPA, and double IPA.
As for the perfect name, the Ontario Beverage Network says the moniker “Stonehooker” honours Port Credit’s history as a centre for stonehooking—a method of collecting stone slabs specifically from shores of Lake Ontario that was utilized in the 1800s.
To find out more about where to get the new IPA, click here.
- Mississauga man charged after hate-motivated incident
- Mississauga student receives one of Canada's most coveted scholarships
- Ontario secondary schools have room for improvement: report
- Quebec says 41 students and staff tested positive for COVID-19 since reopening
- Man chains himself to tree outside of hard-hit Mississauga long-term care home to demand change