COVID vaccine bookings start today for some people 50+ in Mississauga and Brampton
Some residents of Mississauga, Brampton, Caledon and Toronto who are aged 50 and older can book their COVID-19 vaccine appointments starting today.
Toronto says people who live in hot spot neighbourhoods can book an appointment to get their shot, while Peel has opened the bookings for anyone in the age group.
Toronto says doses for that age group may be available as soon as this week and it will begin to administer the vaccine to those residents on Monday.
The Ontario government said earlier this week that people aged 60 and over were permitted to book their vaccine appointments in every region.
The province said Thursday that it had administered 108,563 more doses of COVID-19 vaccines since the previous day's report.
A total of 2,834,784 vaccine doses have been given in Ontario so far.
- Ontario Premier Doug Ford to receive Oxford-AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine Friday
- Thousands of residents in Mississauga and Brampton book vaccine appointments within hours
- REMINDER: All Mississauga and Brampton residents over 18 will be able to book vaccine appointments today
- Mississauga residents 80 years and older can book their COVID-19 vaccine starting this week
- Vaccine appointments to open for people age 75 and older, AstraZeneca shot eligibility to expand to 60 and older
- Canada Revenue Agency scam backfires, three from Brampton now face charges
- Father from Mississauga celebrating a big lotto win living out his ‘Price is Right’ dream
- Police bring down organized crime group breaking into Mississauga homes
- No criminal circumstances in death of Brampton child, say police
- Popular Korean-style hotdogs joint coming to Mississauga