CLOSURES: Five more workplaces in Mississauga and Brampton partially closed over COVID-19
Published April 27, 2021 at 5:55 pm
Five more workplaces in Mississauga and Brampton face partial closures over COVID-19 concerns.
A closure happens when five or more people at a workplace test positive for the virus within a 14-day period.
The five new cases in question face partial closure which could apply to a mass dismissal of a shift or a specific work area within the company.
The new closures have occurred at:
- Applewood Chevrolet Cadillac Buick GMC, 3000 Woodchester Drive, Mississauga
- Paradigm Electronics Inc., 205 Annagem Boulevard, Mississauga
- Canadian Tire Distribution Centre, 8550 Goreway Drive, Brampton
- Kintetsu World Express, 100 Sandalwood Parkway West, Brampton
- Can Art Aluminum Extrusion Inc., 85 Parkshore Drive, Brampton
According to Peel Public Health, these closures are necessary to stop the spread of COVID-19 between employees while cases in the workplace are investigated. The health department notifies affect workplaces either through written or verbal notice.
These workplaces will be allowed to re-open when the health department determines that it is safe to do so.
Two previously announced workplaces are still under partial closure, both Amazon Fulfillment Centres, one at 8050 Heritage Rd., Brampton and the other at 12724 Coleraine Dr., Caledon.insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies