COVID-19 outbreak declared at nursing home in Brampton
Peel Public Health is reporting one new outbreak at a long term care home in Brampton this past week.
On January 28, an outbreak was declared at Maple Grove Care Community, located at 215 Sunny Meadow Blvd.
At this time, there is one staff case at the home and no resident cases.
Sienna Living, which operates the home, says it has convened its own "Sienna Task Force" to guide its COVID-19 vaccine response, including leaders in clinical care, infection control, operations and procurement, as well as input from their Chief Medical Officer and Chief Infection Prevention and Control Consultant.
For more information on all current outbreaks and how public health determines when an outbreak is declared, click here.
- COVID-19 outbreak declared at long term care home in Brampton
- COVID-19 outbreak declared at long-term care home in Mississauga
- COVID-19 outbreak declared at long-term care home in Hamilton
- All COVID-19 outbreaks declared at Mississauga long-term care facilities: Jan 18 to 24
- COVID-19 outbreak recently declared at Mississauga nursing home
- PHOTOS: A look at the most haunted house in Mississauga
- First responders attempting to free passengers of vehicle that crashed into wall in Brampton
- MISSING: 10 year old girl last seen in Mississauga
- Portion of Britannia Road in Mississauga closed due to collision: Peel Police
- Canadian COVID-19 vaccine shows promising results in Phase 2 clinical trial