COVID-19 outbreak declared at Mississauga retirement home after employee tests positive for the virus
A Mississauga retirement home has declared a COVID-19 outbreak after an employee tested positive for the virus.
Amica Erin Mills, located at 4620 Kimbermount Ave., said Peel Public Health informed the facility of the positive test result on Aug. 10.
The retirement home said the employee last worked on Aug. 7 and is now recovering at home with pay.
“We have completed extensive contact mapping and determined that this team member wore the appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) at all times while in the building and followed all safety protocols, minimizing any risk to our residence,” Amica Erin Mills said in a statement.
“As a precautionary measure, and following established guidelines whenever there is one or more positive cases, Public Health has placed our residence in outbreak status.
Amica says Peel Public Health has advised operators to isolate residents in their suites and ensure that any team members entering their suites are wearing full personal protective equipment.
“We also will be conducting mass testing for all residents and team members as soon as it is possible,” the facility said.
- Staff member tests positive for COVID-19 at Mississauga retirement home
- COVID-19 outbreak declared at retirement home in Mississauga
- Outbreak at Mississauga long-term care home after staff member tests positive for COVID-19
- BREAKING: Peel Public Health investigating possible coronavirus infection at Mississauga retirement home
- Eight employees test positive for COVID-19 at Canada Post facility in Mississauga
- House of the week: Spectacular $4.3 mil Lorne Park home with wine cellar
- Give AstraZeneca vaccine to residents 18+ in hotspot areas like Mississauga and Brampton: Ontario Liberal leader
- PHOTOS: Over 100 townhouses planned for brand new neighbourhood in Mississauga
- Still no answer from feds as 14 flights land at Mississauga's Pearson Airport with COVID-19
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Fight breaks out at gas station in Brampton