COVID-19 outbreak declared at long-term care home in Mississauga
Peel Public Health (PPH) has recently declared another COVID-19 outbreak at a long-term care home in Mississauga.
The outbreak was reported on Friday, October 23 at Malton Village, located near Derry Rd E at Highway 427.
The type of outbreak has been listed as "Respiratory" and COVID-19 is the confirmed etiological agent, according to Peel's data.
"PPH assists these institutions in implementing appropriate infection control measures to diminish the severity and length of any outbreak that they experience," said Peel Public Health.
"PPH also works with collaboratively with institutions to proactively prevent and control outbreaks and implement infection prevention and control best practices."
At this time the number of illnesses or deaths in the home caused by the virus has not been reported by Peel.
For more information on all outbreaks in the region, click here.
- COVID-19 outbreak recently declared at Mississauga nursing home
- LATEST: Peel Public Health reporting five COVID-19 outbreaks at long-term care homes in Mississauga
- COVID-19 outbreak declared at long term care home in Brampton
- COVID-19 outbreak declared at long-term care home in Hamilton
- COVID-19 outbreak declared at nursing home in Brampton
- Pilot for new CBS medical drama spotted filming recently in Mississauga
- Stay-at-home order lifts today in Mississauga and Brampton
- Injuries reported after fight with baseball bat and vehicle ramming in Mississauga
- Sikh, Hindu dispute over Indian politics boils over in Brampton
- Here’s where restaurants in Mississauga do their shopping – Mississauga’s Largest Cash and Carry