COVID-19 outbreak declared at ICU in Mississauga Hospital
Another COVID-19 outbreak has been declared at a hospital in Mississauga.
According to Trillium Health Partners (THP), two outbreaks have been declared in two separate departments at the organization's Mississauga Hospital (100 Queensway W.)
THP says that two health care workers in the Cardiac Surgical Intensive Care Unit (CSICU) tested positive for COVID-19 on Nov. 25.
"As this is a unit providing essential, specialized care, guided by infection prevention and control best practices we are limiting admissions and emergency surgeries will proceed with precautions in place," THP said on its website.
"THP takes outbreaks very seriously and has rigorous processes in place to protect patients, staff and professional staff."
To support limited admissions, additional precautions are in place for the safety of patients, staff and professional staff, including, but not limited to:
- All patients placed on Droplet / Contact Precautions and full PPE worn by staff and professional staff
- All patients will be offered masks during direct patient care
- Testing staff and professional staff
- Limiting interaction of staff on the unit
- Enhanced equipment and environmental cleaning
Last week, THP announced that three health care workers on the 5J COVID-19 care unit tested positive for COVID-19 between Nov. 20 and Nov. 21, 2020. It is not known if the staff members acquired the cases in the community or in the hospital itself.
“Out of an abundance of caution in consultation with Peel Public Health, an outbreak was declared,” THP said on its website.
To learn more, click here.
- Five COVID-19 outbreaks declared at a hospital in Mississauga
- COVID-19 outbreak declared at Mississauga Hospital’s emergency department
- BREAKING: COVID-19 outbreak affecting staff members at Mississauga Hospital
- Two new COVID-19 outbreaks declared at hospital in Mississauga
- BREAKING: COVID-19 outbreak declared at Credit Valley Hospital in Mississauga
- Mississauga and Brampton face curfews, travel ban as Ford plans next COVID move
- Stay at home order extended 2 weeks and police have new powers in Brampton, Mississauga and Ontario
- Ontario could announce new restrictions today to curb surging COVID 19 rates
- City of Mississauga planning controlled burn of portion of popular park this weekend
- Ontario's science advisers call for a 6 week stay-at-home order for Mississauga, Brampton and Ontario