COVID-19 numbers continue to climb in Mississauga
Mississauga is reporting 60 new cases of COVID-19 today (Oct. 21) according to Peel Public Health.
That number is part of the 157 new cases throughout Peel Region and the 790 reported for the entire province.
Peel Public Health is also dealing with outbreaks in Mississauga at Kimber Kampus and Eden Daycare Inc. childcare centres and Derry West Village Public School and St. Matthew Elementary School.
Health Minister Christine Elliott says there are 321 new cases in Toronto, 76 in York Region and 57 in Ottawa. Nine new deaths attributed to COVID-19 have been recorded across the province in the past 24 hours.
The province says it has conducted 32,646 tests since the last daily report, with another 29,332 being processed.
In total, 260 people are hospitalized in Ontario due to COVID-19, including 71 in intensive care.
The province is also reporting 144 new COVID-19 cases related to schools, including at least 66 among students.
Those bring the number of schools with a reported case to 518 out of Ontario's 4,828 publicly funded schools.
- Ontario reporting 827 new cases of COVID-19 today, 169 new cases in Peel
- Ontario reports 841 new COVID-19 cases today, 162 new cases in Peel
- Ontario reports 1,003 new COVID-19 cases today, 280 new cases in Peel
- Ontario reports 826 new COVID-19 cases today, 186 in Peel
- Ontario reports 821 new COVID-19 cases, 136 new cases in Peel
- Popular cafe closing down for good in Mississauga
- Rental prices falling as the year winds to a close in Mississauga
- Police investigating robbery at gunpoint in Mississauga
- Today’s data shows Peel Region has returned to having the highest new COVID-19 cases in Ontario
- MAYORS CHAT: Bonnie Crombie chats about Mississauga - December 1, 2020