COVID-19 cases force closure of warehouse in Mississauga
A warehouse in Mississauga has been partially shut down by Peel Region’s health department due to COVID-19.
SCI Logistics, located at 233 Madill Boulevard near Hurontario and the 401, was partially closed on June 4.
The company operates numerous locations throughout Canada, managing supply chain and logistics requirements for its retail, technology and healthcare customers.
Under new regulations introduced by Peel Public Health, a business/workplace must be closed when five or more people test positive for COVID-19 within a period of 14 days.
The closure is meant to stop further spread of the virus while the health department investigates.
The facility will be allowed to fully reopen when the health department determines that it is safe to do so.
- Two Brampton and Caledon Amazon fulfillment centres partially closed by health department
- Peel Public Health has shut down three more businesses in Mississauga
- Brampton business first to be ordered fully closed by Peel Health for COVID-19 cases
- CLOSED: COVID shuts down Brampton KFC take-out restaurant
- CLOSURE: A Brampton Popeyes location closes due to COVID-19 outbreak
- One year old girl pulled from backyard pool without vital signs in Burlington
- Oldest theatre in Mississauga is closing permanently
- Ontario asking feds to ensure that Mississauga and Ontario residents with mixed doses can travel abroad
- Metrolinx expanding GO train service in Hamilton
- Mississauga, Brampton, Halton and Hamilton under air quality warning from forest fires