COVID-19 booster shot eligibility to expand in Ontario
Published December 2, 2021 at 9:10 am
TORONTO — Ontario plans to expand eligibility for COVID-19 booster shots.
The province says the plan will be announced Thursday afternoon (Dec. 2) by Ontario’s top doctor, Dr. Kieran Moore.
The government has not provided further details, but several media reports citing unnamed sources say the eligibility age will be lowered to 50.
Earlier this week, Moore said the province was reviewing its plan for third vaccine doses in light of the potentially dangerous new Omicron variant of COVID-19.
Ontario confirmed its first cases of the variant over the weekend.
Cases have also been confirmed in British Columbia, Alberta and Quebec.